Sunday, September 7, 2014

Laughter is Good Medicine



September is the month of change which people have a hard time with. They say that most people do not like standing and talking in front of a group, and I say change is right up there as well. So laughter is good medicine to combat both. If you have to speak in front of a group make sure to say something funny. It doesn't have to be a joke told, however, maybe an experience that you had at sometime that was funny.  Also, laughing during a tough time or change would be good as well.

I think laughter releases something in us that really helps. Usually going to a funeral something is said about the person who died being funny. It allows us to be real, and think very highly of the person. Humor I find to be part of my ever day life. I think it not only helps me but the persons I am in contact with.

In just over two weeks I have my cardiac catheterization procedure. It is important for me to keep laughter in my life to make it until that day, and after. I believe in our darkest time laughter will help us get through. It goes along with hope. I know I have to deal with change in my life so laughter will release me of any stress I feel.


Another good medicine is a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I know in our country it is something people feel uncomfortable to do especially the kiss part. I find it something good to do with someone you love. In France it is a custom of greeting. I really enjoyed while I was there, and miss it a lot. I have cousins in France and I really enjoyed the kiss on both cheeks. It was mostly done with the women, and not with the men. It sure made me feel really good and I recommend doing with a loved one. If not a good hug will work just fine. I think at least two or three hugs a day really helps out. I do not get the chance for it to happen very often, however, it is a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment