Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 11, 2001 Remembered



I still remember September 11, 2001 as an unusual day. It is a day we will all remember the rest of our lives. It was a day that we never seen before in United States. Hopefully we will never see a day like it again.

I woke up about 6 am pacific time like most mornings turning on sports radio. Instead of reporting on sports they were reporting as a news station. They were reporting that one of the towers had gone down in New York City. It was so hard to believe so I turned on the television to see what was going on.

When I turned on the television the second plane was going into the second tower. It was so hard to believe what was going on. I thought I was watching a movie instead of something real going on right in front in me. In fact, I would say it still feels like the whole thing was unreal. I am sure many people felt that way.

A few hours later we were hearing that a plane headed from Pennsylvania to the Pentagon. It was such a great thing that passengers were heroic by taking down the high jackers before crashing. It was such an act that saved many lives at the Pentagon.

We should never forget this day especially with the group ISIS and other groups of terrorism still happening today. I am sure the family members who lost their lives on September 11, 2001 are still feeling it. Losing family members in any fashion is tragic but especially something like this. My heart goes out to them all.


We need to pray and make sure our government and military will always be on alert so nothing like this will happen again. It is so easy to be ignorant on such matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment