Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Another Day



Today is another day as we know. Regardless of what happened yesterday whether good or bad it is yesterday. We should learn from yesterday since now it is history.

Today I look for being thankful since it is a new day, and when the day ends to be thankful for the day as well. The first thing about today is that we have made plans whether it is  going to work, or going to the coffee shop I regularly attend and then onto the pharmacy to pick up prescription. The mystery of the day is what happens at both locations, or may happen on the way. I look to encourage others, along with being encouraged by others as well. Also, I will need to encourage myself as well. Many ways we are like in a war each day, and we must look to find a way not to be a casualty, and be victorious.

In another way I see today like being a football game. We have set up a play to run, and we look across at the defense to see if that play will be successful, or we may need to change the play. We may realize that the play we have called may cause us to be sacked by the defense if we are passing the ball, or the running back loses yardage when handing the ball off. We change the play to make sure the play may be more successful though we will really not know until the play is run. Hopefully, we are not at the end of the game where we are behind, and we have to throw a Hail Mary pass to win.
This morning on line I read about the passing of one of my English teachers in high school Mr. David James. He was an exceptional teacher who many former students remember fondly. I saw him last year at an all high school reunion. I was amazed after all these years that he remembered me. Of course, it was for others who attended as well. He was given a standing ovation along with other former teachers who attended as well. So this is added to my plan of the day to remember Mr. David James with high praise, and rest in peace.


So I hope you have a blessed day, and everything turns out good. If not, it is only another day, and tomorrow will be better. Also, remember to be thankful regardless of how it turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment