Monday, October 27, 2014

Shocking News



Just a few hours after my last post there was a shooting at a high school Marysville-Pilchuck in Marysville, Washington which is in Western Washington. At the time there were two shot dead including the shooter, and four other victims were seriously injured. On Sunday Oct. 26 one of the four other victims Gia Soriano died. She was only fourteen years of age, and had a full life ahead of her. At this time no reason for the shooting. As far as I know it is the first school shooting in Washington State. Just like the other previous school shootings in the United States no answers on how to prevent them in the future.

Just to let you know what I know about the town of Marysville. Last Sunday going north to Samish Island which I mentioned in another post my mother and I went through Marysville.  There is a rest stop only a few miles north of Marysville where we made a stop on the way to Samish Island. It is a small town about thirty miles north of Seattle on Interstate 5. Like so many small towns everyone knows each other or at least knows the names so everyone knew the shooter and the victims. In fact, the victims were known by the shooter, and in a couple cases were related. The shooter spent a lot of time with the victims which make it more terrible. What a tragedy because all them had so much to live for. It seems that one of the victims most likely will make it but it will take a lot of time to recovery. The other two remaining victims we do not know at this time whether they will recover at all. In fact, the chance is not very good. It is important to pray for them, and the whole community of Marysville. It will take a long time for healing.

As I have said I do not know the town of Marysville very well, however, many times especially when growing up our family would stop in Marysville when going to visit relatives in either Bellingham, Washington or Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. We found that Marysville was a very good place to stop. They had a very nice restaurant called the Turkey House at that time, it has now changed name. We would stop for either lunch or dinner and have turkey along with pie. They had the best pies.

Last year my mother and I stopped in Marysville at a coffee shop for a latte. We were on the way to a wedding in north-east part of British Columbia. It was too early to have lunch. It was such a lovely place to spend a few minutes to relax before continuing on our trip.
The shooting at the school will put new meaning in the future of when I stop in Marysville, however, I look forward to talk with people to find out how things are going.


I am not sure what the answers are to these awful shootings, however, the government will need to find a solution. Please pray for our children and the United States. Also, it is important for the young people to get some answers. I remember that age as being one of the most difficult times of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment