Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Pumpkin Patch



Growing up for me at Halloween time was trick or treat along with carving a pumpkin although I was not a big fan of eating pumpkin pie. Even now I do not think pumpkin pie has a great taste. It is good with whip cream though. In fact without whip cream I do not think it really has a taste at all, however, that is my own opinion.

The big thing that I found happening this year is for people to visit the Pumpkin Patch. I was told a few days ago by a woman with her three year old daughter and six month old baby boy at a local coffee shop that visiting a Pumpkin Patch has been going a few years. I guess I must be behind the times a little bit, however, it seems to be mentioned a lot in the local papers, and on the television news this year. Around here there are a lot of Pumpkin Patches to visit. Also, there is not a big problem buying pumpkins either. I am sure I will eat pumpkin pie but I will make sure it has whip cream on it. I find it strange though I do really enjoy drinking pumpkin lattes either with or without whip cream.

I really do like that every kid of all ages enjoy Halloween. This year like so many others I will be going to a Halloween Party. I think likely I will go as myself which is probably scary enough as it is. If someone asks me why I am not wearing a costume I will say I am going as Bill Gates. Oh yes I get to meet the Great Pumpkin as well. I expect to have a really good time along with getting some candy. Only time of the year I really eat much candy.


I hope you all enjoy your Halloween, and look forward the rest of the year. The holiday season is just beginning. We can all be kids this time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment