Friday, November 21, 2014

Being Alive!



With Thanksgiving coming next Thursday here in the United States we should be thankful for our lives. We do know that every day is not an easy day. We must choose how we live today. Something’s happen outside of our own control.

In a couple days it will be a month since the shooting of students at Marysville-Pilchuck High School in Marysville, Washington. The shooter decided to choose darkness over light not only for him but for some classmates. His choice will affect the school and the community for many years to come. We have all heard about others who have chosen to do similar things in their communities. Not only will the young people who could have done wonderful things be missed so will the person who did the act.

We all know others that are no longer with us we consider very special to us. I know several who died of illness who continued to live with strong faith until that day they no longer became part of our lives. They decided to live in light instead of darkness.

When I was growing up I felt a lot of darkness, however, I decided to live in as much light as I could. There does seem to be more darkness now than there was then. I hear so much about the pain of those who decided to choose the darkness over the light. Each day we need to decide whether we walk in the darkness or the light. I am thankful that I choose the light though I feel the darkness around me as well. I am thankful that most of us choose to decide the light to live the best we can.


I still think of those who are no longer with us whether by choice or circumstances. Though darkness may come through our lives even on a daily basis we have a purpose to be here. This would be true if not only for our family or friends. Enjoy the best of times as well those times that are not so true. Today I will decide to make today a wonderful day regardless what may happen. I will enjoy each person I have contact with today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment