Thursday, November 27, 2014

More Football



First of all Happy Thanksgiving to you all; I am sure some of you will be watching football today along with spending time with your family and friends. I hope that you all have a great day and I am thankful for you all.

There are three NFL football games going on today; they start with the Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions followed by the Philadelphia Eagles against the Dallas Cowboys and finished with the Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers. I may watch part of the first two games and likely watch the full game of Seahawks and 49ers.

Usually the Detroit Lions do not do very well on Thanksgiving; however, I expect today will be different. The Lions in general are having a good season and the Bears are not; however, any time a rivalry teams play anything goes. I expect the Lions to win since they are at home. The Bears are having a very poor season.

The game between the Eagles and Cowboys I expect it to be close just in the same way in the Seahawks and 49ers. Both of the games are important to each team to win; the Eagles and Cowboys in search to win their division and the Seahawks and 49ers to make the playoffs. Of course, I am rooting for the Seahawks in that match up. I believe if they win they can be still favorites to go back to the Super Bowl.

I was going to mention the Los Angeles Lakers in this writing. They are starting the NBA season in a poor position. They are last in their division. I do not watch much of the NBA these days so it is surprising how far they have fall. It is sort of like the Yankees in baseball. Since I do not watch the NBA I still looked at the Lakers roster. I am not familiar with anyone on the team except Kolby Bryant.  I would not be surprised if this is his last season. Right now the only team worse than the Lakers is the Philadelphia 76ers who have not won a game yet. Both of those teams should have high draft picks so they may be able to rebuild fast. Unless you are a Lakers fan I am sure you are not crying over their situation.

College Basketball the University of Kentucky men’s team is at the top. Most experts expect them to win the NCAA tournament in March. It would be exciting to see anyone knock them off.


Again have a great and thankful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment