Monday, December 1, 2014

Beginning of December



Welcome to the month of December. Here in Western Washington has started out cold. The highs today will be in the mid 30s. Compared to places in the Midwest and East Coast it would be warm.

Over the weekend we had a little bit of snow.  Like most years it did not stay around for very long. I do not expect much snow the rest of December though it would be nice surprise if it did. I have never seen it snow on Christmas. I remember once in the mid 1973 it did snow the day after Christmas. It is nice whenever we do get a few inches of snow that will last three or four days. Early last week the mountains did get some snow. There were some delays driving on the highways. Right now the ski resorts are open for sledding but little for skiing. I was really never really into skiing myself. Whenever going sledding was a challenge as well. I enjoyed the time; however, I always ended up in the mountain lodge to get warm up. Also, I enjoyed basketball too much to risk of getting broken bones while skiing.

Yesterday November 30 I remember my Brother Dick’s birthday. He would be 61 years old. He died in June 1992. If you look up one of my early blogs you would see my writing about him. We had some very special Christmas’s together.

I believe it is important that we remember all the family members and friends who are no longer with us this time of the year. In fact, this time of the year just does not feel the same; however, our thoughts of them make the Christmas and holiday season still very special.


It is amazing that 2014 is coming to a close. So many years just go by so fast. I have been told the older we get the faster it gets which seems very true. I find it is important to look back on the year for the high and the lows. Also, think about the changes we have made in our lives this year. We must start thinking about more changes we want to make in 2015. It is important we continually evolve. The most important thing is that we have a purpose in this life more for others than for ourselves. I hope to continue lifting others up especially in joy and laughter. Also, make as much peace as you can with others. Until next time have a really good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment