Friday, April 17, 2015

What Do Men Talk About Over Coffee


I am sure inquiring minds want to know what men talk about around the table at the coffee shop. I am sure you would not be surprised except in some cases.

The groups of men I spend time with usually talk about politics, current affairs, and not surprising sports. Also, talk about what their wives are doing and their kids as well. Of course with older men it includes health.

A subject like politics is not spent talking very long because it usually is depressing. What can we do about the government spending and etc.?

Yesterday was funny because one subject we talked about that I never heard spoken about before was toilet paper. Not to really get into it but was the funniest thing I ever heard. I laughed so hard. One of the guys Bob said that he would have to look into toilet paper issue much more. He figured there were things we could learn more about toilet paper. I have to say though most of the conversation is more informative than toilet paper.

For me I usually just sit and listen to what the guys have to say. Most of them are older than me so they have been around a lot longer. Other things we talk about are related to what they did for a living or may still be doing now. For example, speaking of Bob again he is a real-estate agent so he talks sometimes about his properties or what he is selling. Though he is retirement age it keeps him busy to still spend time selling property. Another guy Dave goes fishing up in Alaska for about two month during the summer. So he talks about getting ready for the fishing season. He says this could be his last year fishing depending on things go and how his health is. He may go one more year as well. So next year will likely be David’s last year fishing. It is nice to hear stories of fishing especially beginning as a kid going out with his father at twelve years old.

There is nothing better than being around older guys and hearing stories. A lot of them except David did not grow up around Gig Harbor so it is nice to hear where they came from, and I can share along with David what Gig Harbor was like years ago.

I find the best part though is just hanging out and doing some laughing when the time comes. Sometimes the group has ten guys and other times only about four guys. What-ever the amount of guys it is always a good time. I recommend getting together with other guys or for the women other gals just to hang out and see where things go. Everyone have a good weekend and enjoy your family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment