Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Relationships


Something we all want is relationships. We begin first with our parents and our siblings. When we are a little older we have friends in the neighborhood and then at school. Depending where we live and the people surround us our relationships are either good or bad.  Most often they are a mix of both.

We do find some people are easy to have a relationship and others very hard. When we were kids especially we all had problems with what I would call bad kids with bad influence. Even today I still feel the hurts of those who loved to tease. In my opinion they lack security in their lives. Some of them have grown up and no longer act that way while others still live in the same way.

What parents can do the most is to keep an eye on their kids to see who they spend their time with. The things though some parents do not have clue who their kids spend time with.

When I was growing up I did not want to say what was happening with other kids. I have to say most of them were OK but as the saying goes the bad can ruin the spoil. We look at what those bad kids are doing. It is important not only to let our parents know or someone close to us that speak to them on our behalf.  I finally told my parents when I was all grown up.

I have forgiven those bad kids and I do not remember exactly what they did in the most part. It makes me feel a lot better of myself. I do sometimes detract; it brings back the dark places in my life. I do not feel or in the dark places as much as I used to be.

I am not sure what else to say because I want to encourage everyone. I am not here to put guilt on anyone what happened to them or their children. The most important thing is to have friends we can spend time with that can lift us up and encourage us especially when we do not feel like it. Other words our real friends are those who still love us when we are at our worst. It is important that we choose the right friends.  Stay away from those who can drain us. This is especially true if they encourage us to continue down the wrong road. I am thinking about those who may have a drinking problem or some other addictions.

Even those who are part of our family brings us down we need them know that we do not like what they are doing. Unless it is a family gathering stay away. Sometimes for us to be healthy we must give out tough love.

No comments:

Post a Comment