Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hello December!


It is really nice to see you December. For most of us it is our favorite month of the year. We are glad that you decided to show up for our pleasure.

I know there are those who have trouble in December with depression and loneliness. I know for sure because I have experienced both on many occasions. You can feel like being in a dark place. I know for some depression is a sickness; however, I know for me in some ways I have been selfish. I wish those who have been a part of my Christmas past would be still on the scene. Some of them are no longer with us in this life so I miss them especially in December and others are in another place. It is something I have to deal with; however, I have found myself making it through.

What makes December such a wonderful and likeable month is you can attend as many parties as you want. No other month has so many parties that you can go to. A big thing about December has to do with tradition. Every year in December we usually do the same things and parties are no different. We may have a family party before the big day of December 25 when we all may gather together again. Also, there are parties at work along with other sort of ones. Other words there is nothing better or a good excuse anyway go to a party. The ones I like are where you take an elephant gift. Sometimes you take the same gift you received last year. I find it interesting what gifts are passed around. I remember one party I attended where an old computer was passed around one year to the next. Sure got a lot of laughs out of that one. I wonder where that computer is today.

Another great thing about December is presents regardless when you receive them. I know that most people have a tradition when they buy the presents, where they buy them, and when they open them.

I remember those wonderful mornings on Christmas Day as a kid when I got up to open the presents. My brothers and I had to wait until 7 am to wake up our parents. Christmas Eve night seemed so long and I often had problems sleeping. I knew I had to be asleep when Santa came to our house. It was not easy and I kept my eyes closed just in case I was awake when he arrived. I am sure I was always asleep when he arrived because I never once remember hearing him come down the chimney. He was quiet possibly for such a big man and his reindeer were magical. I was a good kid because I always got the present I was looking for each year. Of course, I may have fooled him as well. I remember most of those years I went to the stockings first and I found candy in them along with a small toy like a truck. I was so excited to see what would come next for the gifts I received. Like many kids you wanted more gifts than you received. Other words we are all selfish. This is the reason we like December most of all because we can all be selfish.

Though we are selfish in December in so many ways we can give away at this time of the year to those who are in need as well. We can throw a dollar or more in the bucket for the Salvation Army while they ring their bells. We can give to our other organizations this time of the year as well. Another great tradition is to sing Christmas carols and hear songs on the radio, I pod, IPad, and around town. I am sure most of you have already gotten your Christmas tree and decorated it; nothing better than enjoy all the traditions of December. So everyone have a wonderful and grand December holiday season. If you see someone who looks depressed or alone be sure to wish them a Merry Christmas and holiday season especially.  

No comments:

Post a Comment