Sunday, December 20, 2015

Look at 2015


 Now with Christmas and the holidays it is important to think about how 2015 was for us going now into the New Year. I know that for us all we have had good times and some not so good. It is important to look back on the year so we can see what is ahead for us in the coming year as well.

Since this is our life we all likely have lost or known someone who died this year. The important thing is to remember them always in our hearts especially this time of the year. Some of these people likely were in our lives this time of the year and we are missing them now. Though we may be sad or still grieving for them in the future we will think of them in a good way this time of the year.

For some people they may have lost a job where they are still looking or have gone into a new job. I know by experience it is different not to see the same people we have been used to see on a regular basis and they became friends as well as co-workers. Hopefully for some the relationships will continue.

I find that in 2015 that my health has improved over the year. My heart is in better condition and I am in a good place as far as kidney stones go. It is possible some new ones could come along however I am feeling much better.

What I like most about 2015 is gaining new friends either meeting at the coffee shop or at church. I find them to be very special to me and I look forward to getting more acquainted in 2016. Also, I want to meet additional new friends along with doing more things in 2016.

In 2015 my brother and his family visited in early August. His middle son Ian and his girlfriend Helen moved to Seattle so I met her for the first time. In September they announced that they are engaged and will marry in August 2016. Look forward to meet her family along with seeing my brother’s family again. Plan on going to the wedding as long as my mother’s health continues to be OK; that is something else to hope for in 2016 that mother continues to be in good health in the coming year. She had some issues with her legs in early 2015; however, they are doing much better now.

My sister Barb came to Gig Harbor during Halloween. We had a good time including going to Seattle for a day and seeing my cousin Jennifer who happens to be moving soon to Oregon. Though she can retire Barb continues to work and enjoys her job very much. She has several close friends that she works with as well. She looks in really good shape as well. We hope to see her two sons Ken and Connor in 2016 as well.

Though life is not perfect I have to say things go along just fine and I look forward to 2016 to see how things go. I desire that each one of us will enjoy the New Year like no other we have in the past. We recognize our purpose and that our destiny becomes clearer. Enjoy the rest of your holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment