Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What are We Thinking?


 What I like so much this time of the year is what we can think about. I was out walking again yesterday morning thinking about this subject. I know that I have mentioned before how important it is what we think about in a given day. I think about this so often when I am walking because I find that often we have negative as well as positive things enter our minds and if we are to be great people it is so important to throw those things that we should not have in our minds out.

When I woke up a few minutes ago I started thinking about how are minds are like a computer and the bad as well as the good get stored in our minds. Whether we realize it or not I feel while we are sleeping God is updating our minds and throwing the bad out along with keeping the good things. I had to take my computer on Monday to my computer tech guy to clean it out because a virus was on it along with a lot of other junk so it would be all cleaned out. Now I am glad that everything is working again fine on the computer and in the same way the virus in our mind has to be cleaned out so we can function in a manner that it works in top tip shape.

Sometimes I wonder why we have to sleep eight hours a day and now I realize is that God needs to update our minds on a regular basis. We have so much clutter that enters this mind of ours each day. This is so true when reading a newspaper or social media along with television. Last night I realized that to when I was watching a television program that I had not seen before. I found my mind working in a different manner. I realized what I had been thinking about while walking made me more aware of what I wanted to think about and what to share here as well. Also, I read a little on line before going to bed last night about the Republican debate. I really realized I did not want to have those things go into my mind at all. After writing this post to the blog I want to forget about that television show and the debate. We all hear so many negative things throughout the date and I really want to hear more positive things put into my mind instead. How that works I figure is what we read and hear even from others. Also, it really works for us too. We really need to speak words of truth and positive affirmation to other people. Our conversation needs to be positive and not the negative things around us. I am sure that I say negative things to other people as well as positive things. I try to use humor as often as possible as well. Our world is made up of so many negative stories we hear each day and we must look to turn our lives more into positive stories. My encouragement for us all is to turn away from the negative and toward the positive. When I go for a walk my primary goal has been to get my body in shape; however, now I want my mind to get in shape as well. When I get into my car often I listen to sports radio; however, I find often they talk negative things as much as positive so now I am going to look to listen to more music primarily by cd. The music I like that will update my mind; so let us all whenever possible filter out the negative and bring in the positive while mediating our minds. I hope this helps us all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment