Sunday, February 28, 2016

Music in My Bones


Yesterday I wrote about singing and I realize that I have music in my bones. I don’t really play any instrument other than bongo drums and my singing voice is a little bit more than average however I do enjoy singing a lot along with listening to music.

I have been into music since I was a young child. I believe everyone should have love of music to some degree or another. This is even true of those who can’t play an instrument, carry a tune or a beat.

I am really into most types of music except opera and rap music. Also, there is some country music I don’t care much for either.  I don’t like opera because I don’t understand the words and the meaning of it all. I know opera is putting music to theatre however it just seems so unrealistic to me. If you enjoy opera more power to you. Rap music the beat always seems the same regardless of the words.  I know what those of you who like rap would say I am wrong however that is how I feel. I don’t mind listening to a rap song or a few just not a regular basis. I would say the same with country music that has a twang. I enjoyed watching He Haw show once in a while however it was more for the comedy than the music.

Whatever kinds of music you enjoy do it to the fullest. Let the beat and tune especially be part of you. The words really are not as important. OK  I know what I said about opera so I probably have no excuse so I can add that high pitch and the style of music of opera does not fit me either.

Another thing I enjoy doing is using my mouth like an instrument. Usually I fool around making myself sound like a trumpet and trombone. Also I find it nice to make movement with my body especially the hands and legs. I have done some dancing in the past though I am a bit rusty right now. I recommend whatever you can with music do it. I believe we can all have a great time with freedom of music.  So let music be in your bones and let loose. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment