Saturday, February 13, 2016

Pain in the Neck


I woke up Friday morning with a pain in my neck. I know everyone has had a pain in the neck at one time or another either real or figuratively.

Last Tuesday I was involved in a car accident that was not my fault. In fact my car was sitting still while we were both minding our own business when a truck hit my door on the driver’s side. I was in the process of putting my vote in the drop box when I heard a sound and turned my head to the left when the truck was a couple inches away from the car and I had no chance to react. In fact the adjuster for his insurance asked me if I tried to avoid the accident. I told her that there was no time at all. I couldn’t even honk or put into drive to do so.

Anyway I am not sure whether this pain in the neck came from the accident or not because it happened three days after the accident. Most likely it just happened while sleeping unless it occurred because of the accident. Of course, I likely will never know this is the case.

The accident in itself is a pain in the neck having to spend time calling his insurance and getting an estimate from repair shop. Also, I will have to take the car in for the repair; however, I will be receiving a rental car for about a week. I probably take the car in sometime next week since this is President’s holiday weekend. I had to send several pictures of my poor car as well to the insurance company along with the estimate. Such a pain when this was not my fault. Oh well that is life sometimes.

Growing up we all experienced those other kids that were a pain in the neck to us. I tried to avoid them as much as possible. This is especially the ones who wanted to bully me. I found the secret with bullies to fight back. They are actually chicken and they will back down. Another thing having to deal with their friends too; sure glad junior high school is in the past.

Thursday night a friend of mine said that he was having issues dealing with his immediate supervisor. He is another pain the neck at least to Tom and some of his co-workers. Tom said that his supervisor likes to bully those who work under him and that he is tired of his supervisor actions. He is thinking of confronting him. Says it is hard because the bosses above him like that he gets things done. Tom works for a company that is part of local government so it is easier to confront him or talk to those above him because Tom can’t get fired especially for how long he has worked for them. I look forward to see what happens in this situation.

So if you have a pain in the neck like me or like Tom good luck to you. If not I am sure it may happen down the road. Like I say it is life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment