Friday, March 4, 2016

So Much We Can Learn From Each Other


I know I have written a lot about encouraging each other in so many of my writings however I think it is very important to do so without saying the same thing exactly over and over again.

Here now I believe we can get something from each other. What I mean is we can learn from each person we meet even those we may not care for or have respect. We can learn even from fools or those who know very little.

I have been told on several occasions if we want to know what our weaknesses are is to talk to a close friend that we know and they are not afraid to tell us. The important thing though we must be able to accept criticism. Of course, this is if we want to change and make improvements in our lives. Hopefully we can do the same with a close friend to give them our criticism as well. Going both ways is very important I think. This really helps in trusting close friends even further. The most important is to have a friend that is willing to give criticism however it is not part of their makeup. What I mean is that they do not criticize on a regular basis. In fact their makeup is to encourage everyone who is around them. These friends will be honest with you because they know that you are willing for change and better yourself.

Those who are willing to criticize on a regular basis  may tell you the truth however the chances are greater they won’t give what you are looking for and is possible they don’t take criticism very well themselves. So keep it simple the friend should be humble and not a selfish person.

Besides positive criticism from your close friend it is important to ask them what they think you do well. Most likely you know what you do well however it is always good to hear it from others as well. In fact you could be surprised by what others think you do well too. We may do some things OK however people may tell us we are really good at it.

I have a positive thing I heard from someone last week. It is from some who is a casual friend. Other words I do not know him real well however we get a long great when we see each other. He told me that always like seeing me because no matter how he feels even when not so good I make him feel a lot better. I try to use humor as much of the time I can and it is nice to know that people really appreciate it. Also, I try to smile as often as possible as well. It is not something that comes natural for me so I have to think about it to do so however humor does help me out a lot to put on a smile. You see I am somewhat doing self-criticism here however someone may say it comes naturally for me. We do not know ourselves as our friends do. So have the boldness and ask them for positive criticism. I am sure you will be a better person for it. On that note have yourself a wonderful weekend. Oh yes how it came so fast again. Time goes by so fast. One last thing don’t forget to laugh at yourself too. Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment