Saturday, March 5, 2016

Pleasing Others


 Almost from the beginning of our lives we want to please others starting with our parents. Like I said previous blog we should look for positive criticism and not negative criticism. Primarily we get positive criticism from our parents and then when we get negative criticism a lot from our classmates in school. All this leads us wanting to be accepted by others.

I believe it is important to be pleased by our parents, family, and close friends however often we go further wanting to by our peers. The whole thing though it is not healthy to be pleased by everyone. We must at some point not everybody is interested in us at all though we want to be liked by everyone we see.

I see now that we should continue to be pleasing to those closest to us however the rest of the people it does not matter as much. Like I have said it is important to find someone who is out for our wellbeing to give us positive criticism. In my opinion we should not throw out all criticism even from strangers however we want to do so without wanting to please everyone. Any change that we want to do in our lives should be for our benefit not for other people except family and friends.

The most important thing in our lives besides family and friends is to love ourselves for the benefit of us. I should be secure in myself that I am not here to please everyone. In the same way I should encourage as many people as I can without putting them into the same place. Other words I should not criticize them without getting their permission. We are all imperfect people who make mistakes.

Sometimes I meet people or those I already know that are odd or strange to me. I figure to enjoy them even though they are not the kind of person I want to spend a lot of time with. There is a strong possibility that I am strange to them at the same time. I have to say not many people are in that category however there are a few I have met on the way. Usually I find that person talks differently than others, they are kind and thoughtful just strange. LOL

So my advice is to please others the way you are and not to change yourself for them. Take their criticism for what it is. If you find that criticism useful than make the changes appropriately and throw out the rest. Love yourself so you can love others.

No comments:

Post a Comment