Thursday, April 7, 2016

Blogs vs Journals


In some respects a blog is like a journal. Someone like myself who is often writing memories about their life; there are times though I write giving others encouragement that can help benefit them. Whether the blog is a journal or not the format for both are a lot alike I think anyway. The style of a blog is often different than a journal however everyone’s style can be different in a journal as well.

A journal is written by the writer about daily experiences. The term where a journal is used often has to do with a business or education. Often a journal in this manner can be used on a blog. When someone writes personally about daily experiences it is better known as diary. This can to be used as a blog if you want other people to know your experiences.

In the old days often journals and diaries could lead to writing of books. You could go back to this happening over the centuries. A good example of that is Laura Ingalls Wilder’s series of Little House books that actually turned into a television series “Little House on the Prairie.”

 Now a person can write a blog that could lead into being a book, TV or a movie. I write to share my life with other people so we can all become better people. This could lead to bigger things like a book.

I wrote earlier about style. Both a blog and a journal slash diary can come in many different styles. For example a business that is writing a journal or a blog can write it in a form of a diary. Other words a business may want those who are possible customers look at their product or business in a personal way. The customers may buy their product if they feel real personal about it. Many stores are selling healthier products and if they can bring the idea to their customer they will share in a personal way. Another way someone whose business is to put their customer on a diet they will write where it all comes to being very personal for those individuals.

Another style of writing to use in a blog, journal or diary is poetry. You have seen me write lately poetry. It is another form to attract readers. I am sure those who write poetry do so as a diary; another way for the writer to express themselves about their everyday lives.

I write a blog not just to encourage others about my life that could improve their lives but bring interaction between people. I hope that not only I am helping you but that you are passing the blog on to others. Something you can use as a discussion tool as well.

What I hope to do is to improve on my writing skills as time goes by as well as us all improving on our life skills. For all of become better people. I have at times mentioned too that we all have a purpose and a destiny. I hope we all grow in those two areas as well. Most of all we recognize what our purpose and destiny truly is.

One last thing I hope that each one of you look to write your own diary or blog. We can all learn from another. I would like to know your story too. Good day and writing to you all.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment