Saturday, April 2, 2016

Relaxing Weekend


I am sure I have written about this subject before or at least in a way that is about having relaxing weekends.

Now that the winter is over at least in half of the world anyway it is now spring which means time to look at relaxing.

I know a lot of the world hard work is essential thing to do. I can’t disagree with that at all however we do need to take time out and relax as well. You see our life span is short even for those who live into their nineties so we should take time and enjoy the world even if it is only once in a while.

I bring up the subject because it is spring. The weather has gotten better and the leaves are falling. Of course you have to take care of the leaves around the yard. I am lucky because I live in an apartment so someone else’s responsibility to do so. I remember the good old days though especially as a kid I had to rack leaves. Now things are a bit easier with a blower and all however you still have to gather them together.

My answer to racking leaves, cutting grass or any other chore that has to be done do it. OK you want me to relax. Yes I do. The answer is to work on those projects on Saturday morning and leave the afternoon for relaxation. Want to really get the job done quickly have the whole family pitch in. This would include the little ones even they may not be able accomplish a lot. In a way you are teaching them for the years ahead. Another idea would be to have neighbors, friends or siblings that are nearby. This allows you to have fun as well. Someone can be in charge of getting lunch together so you can relax when the chores are done. I know I have mentioned this before as well. The thing is the next weekend or a couple ones away go to their place and do the same thing.

Along with doing these chores together with others you can go on a weekend vacation as well. I am not saying you have to go out of town with them on a lot of occasions however once in a while it is a good idea. Another time it can be a family vacation and then where just the two of you. Yes you and your spouse go out by yourselves. In fact I recommend doing that one time a month at the very least. If you can’t find a baby sitter let your neighbors, friends or siblings do it for you. The thing is you will do the same for them too.

You see the point of it all is light work is good medicine and you will accomplish more in less time than doing it yourself. Also, don’t forget to having music playing and fun games. I do hope this helps you out if you had forgotten what I had said before. Be happy and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment