Friday, May 27, 2016

Now It Is Friday


Yes the day a lot of people look forward to its Friday. Though I like Friday like most everyone else still in my mind important to enjoy every day because we do not know how many of them we have in this life.

Today could be the last day we have and tomorrow may never come at all. This is true no matter how old we are. We could come down with an illness or fall asleep to never wake again. When I go I have to say that second one is the best choice.

My idea is that we make every day be Friday or maybe the better be Saturday. Today is one of those Friday’s that is special because it leads into a three day national holiday so I know some will not work today and make it a four day weekend or get off work early.

I have found the longest or hardest Friday’s in my life have been where a vacation comes up. I am looking forward to time off it just drags on and on. I have taken vacations where the last day before going was a different day than Friday and the same thing happens. Of course there are Fridays like other days where everything goes wrong and wish that you were anyplace besides work. One of those worst days I remember going to work and my car broke down. I was able to get where we could get the woman who I car pooled with her car. You see we were not far from where she lived so we actually made it to work on time since we always gave extra time to get there. I don’t really remember the day at work went however on the way home her car broke down and we called her husband to come get us. I wonder what the odds are that happens where both cars we drive in the same day break down. Of course I had to take care of my situation when we got back into town. The fortunate thing my car was not in that bad of shape we just did not want get to work late that is all. I am sure everyone has gone thru days like that if not worse. The hardest days are when you get off work and you get to your car a tire or the battery is dead. I have gone thru both fortunately not at the same time. I am covered where I can call for a tow truck which is a good thing it is the hassle and the time you have to wait for them to help you.

This weekend being a national holiday they anticipate nearly half a million people in Washington State will ride a ferry. This is like almost the whole city of Seattle can you imagine. You figure there will be a lot of people on the roads anyway with some going to favorite holiday hangout or to the airport. We are all familiar with TGIF we say it every Friday anyway I am using this time as short version for “I thank God that I am not going on a ferry.” I do enjoy a ferry ride under normal circumstances but this certainly not the case. Most of the time I go on as a passenger only and leave my car to pick up later however there are some places that a car is needed. I know to that there are long lines where you have to wait for at least two to four hours to get on the ferry. This is not my idea of a fun weekend though I know those who do so believe it is worth the time to wait. This is very common to take the ferry to the San Juan Islands. In fact go to the Islands you have to make a reservation ahead however does not guarantee a place on the ferry. I know that because a friend of mine complained to me about it just a few weeks ago. What a great way to spend a Friday. Of course you have to return as well so go thru the same thing on the other end. The best thing is to return on the Sunday and not on the Monday. So whatever you are doing this weekend I say TGIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment