Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Meeting Up With An Old Friend





Today (Tuesday) I will be meeting for coffee with a woman I went to high school with. I won’t say classmate because we did not graduate together. I remember that she was a sweet girl. She says that she doesn’t look the same as in school but how many really do. I know some from school do not look much different than way back when other than older however there are others who look a lot different.

It will be really great to catch up with her. Find out what her life has been like since high school. I look forward to giving out how things have gone in my life too. What I do know is that she has at least a couple kids and she lost her husband. I don’t know the details however I look forward to finding out.

Most of the people I grew up with I do not see at all and the ones I do not that often. I hope that changes because life is getting shorter and I have already lost a few classmates. I know that some classmates have kept in touch and are still best friends. I feel they are the luckiest people in the world. I would say next to couples that have stayed married until death.

The most important thing though is we can’t regret what has happened in our lives however if we are able to reunite with old friends the better. Though I enjoy the friends I have today there still nothing more special than those I grew up with even though times were sometimes not so good. These friends know who you really are. Being in your life from almost the beginning and being a part of your extended family. I really do hope anyone is able to catch up with old friends than they should take the opportunity. In this case with the woman I am meeting we are both available for a relationship so who knows something could happen. I will let you know in one of the next chapters of life. Now time to go and look forward to post you next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment