Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Dating Scene




The whole dating game or scene or whatever you want to call it can be difficult. This is especially true for older people like me.

Why I am even mentioning this is because it is part of life and if you want to get married whether the first time or again you have to go through with it. This is at least the impression that many people believes will happen. I am not really sure that is the case. I believe the most successful way is where couples meet at church or in a social gathering. I know a couple at church who just starting dating or at least spending time together anyway met right there at church. I am not really into the know so I can’t be sure they just started talking or his sister introduced him to her. I know that he is interested in getting married again and I am sure she is interested as well. How serious they are is hard to tell other than they sit together at church.

In my case right now I am going to meet a gal that I went to high school with and it has been a lot of years. We recently became friends on social media and I decided that I would ask her out for coffee to catch up on her life. I don’t know for sure but my impression is that she is interested in me. I have no idea however I know that she is a widower so obvious she lost her husband. I know she is interested in meeting someone to start a new relationship and I am open for it. We will see in the next few days where things go. Right now I am up for it because she is a nice gal and we know each other those many years ago. Also I am tired of the internet dating game which is a whole other way of meeting. What I find on the dating sites you have people who don’t really want to meet in person just want to chat. In this scenario most likely they are married and looking for a fling or actually not the person they say they are and want to scam you. In both cases not a good thing at all. If they are single looking to chat only because not sure of themselves coming out of a bad relationship and they are carrying luggage you don’t want any part of. I know that there are sites where people do meet and in the end get married.

There are sites that are getting very popular today focus is on where you go to meet groups of singles who do activities together. One example where the group goes out hiking and camping during the summer when the weather is nice and people want to get out doing things. This can be good because there are those who have similar interests however you have a lot more competition and you could get your feelings hurt. Also you may have those who are out on the prowl for a mate. These kind of dating groups could be good if your intention is to get out there to meet people and not date. In the end you may become involved in a relationship because you were not looking for it and the right person came along. Depending on what happens with the coffee date I may try this next and get involved not for dating but relationships with all kinds of people. At the very least I have gained new friends. If you are trying to get into a relationship like me I would try different ways or sites to see what works. Also remember meeting people in social gatherings like coffee shops, grocery stores and athletic clubs will give you better odds to find the right person. In the end that is the most important thing is to find the right person and not settle for someone less because you feel lonely. Just like me I give you the best of luck and I hope things work out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment