Thursday, May 26, 2016

Wow It’s Thursday!




I am sure you are wondering why I am so excited it is Thursday. Why shouldn’t I be? I am just kidding on the whole thing.

I know that Friday is the day of the week most people are excited about because the weekend is about ready to start. I think that a lot of people take Friday’s off and do not work. Those are the ones work at least ten hours per day unless you own your own business, in the medical field or you just love to work. There are others who do not work on Monday’s beyond the national holidays like the one coming up this weekend with Memorial Day. Those people usually have to work on Saturday. Not really a bad idea though working Saturdays can get old after a while. My previous job I had worked on Saturday’s for a while because I was a new employee and they needed people working on Saturday. Most working Saturdays were new employees. When I got the chance I was able to get Saturday’s off. I went to a Monday thru Friday schedule. During the time I had Saturday off I had either Tuesday or Wednesday. I would not say the most exciting thing to happen because I could not go somewhere for a couple days. On the good side I was able to make appointments where I did not have to get off work early.

Ok back to the whole exciting thing about Thursday. I am really kidding about the whole thing. Actually what happened and I am sure everyone has gone through this a few times in their lives I was thinking that hump day also known as Wednesday was Thursday. In the back of my mind I knew it was Wednesday but it felt like Thursday though I was not doing any normal Thursday things. You see there are some things I do on Thursday I don’t any of the other days of the week. I do meet for coffee with a couple guys every Thursday and I did not mistaken by accidentally going to meet up with them. Also the second and fourth Thursday night I meet with another group of guys from church and I knew this was not happening. So why did I think it was Thursday except in the back of my mind. I don’t really care however it means that I have two Thursday’s this week though today I do my normal Thursday while yesterday I did not. I know it sounds crazy. Maybe I was excited that the first Thursday which was actually Wednesday I was not doing normal things for a Thursday.

Like I say people do mistaken a day for another all the time however they are not like me knowing it is the correct day in the back of my mind. They actually believe it is that day and they get all mixed up.

Last week I went to the barber shop on Monday to get a haircut. When I arrived I realized after reading the sign they were closed that barber shops are not open on Monday’s because they work on Saturday’s. This was not exactly the same thing as forgetting what day it is however there are times we all forget when places are closed. At times we forget when we have an appointment scheduled for as well. We either miss it all together or we go on the wrong day. In the end it makes a good twist to our lives. So embrace today as the second Thursday of the week. It beats believing today is Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment