Sunday, July 24, 2016

Listen To The Trees




I have to say my favorite interest in life is sports especially the Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks and the University of Washington Huskies. If the Cougars of Washington State are doing well I pay attention to them too.

My second favorite is history whether it is local, USA or World History. I have to say that I don’t read up on them as much as I really should. Like sports I spend time thinking about it more than reading about them. I do watch some actions of the team depending what else is going on. I am part of a couple groups on social media where I keep up with other sport fans to and I think that I will start doing the same with history.

I have a mind that keeps thinking a lot and I am able to remember things pretty good this way. Having problems reading as a small child keeps me from reading as much as I really should. My mother and sister both read a lot. My dad used to read the newspaper a lot. I do so as well however I do more skimming and read only the articles that interest me.

So about the tree thing well I wonder what it would be like to listen to the trees since they have been around the block for quite some time. I am sure they have watched and listen to the history of our great lands over the years. One thing they know the truth and not what historians want us to think. They have what we call seeing the good, the bad and the ugly. Often we only hear or read what other people have said about the times and we take in what we want to know too.

Since we can’t talk to the trees the next best thing would use our imagination. As children that is what we did when we were told stories or read about them. I am sure we were all gullible to some extent believing a lot of what we heard and read.

I love living here in the great Pacific Northwest, the state of Washington and the wonderful town of Gig Harbor however someday I would like to spend more time on the east coast especially around Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. It would be great to see and hear about the history of the early years of the United States where it all began. I believe this is the best part of traveling is to learn about the places well as seeing them. The best part is to hang out with others especially those who have been around for a long time. I get great stories from my mother about growing up in the depression and World War 2. She has a different perspective to because she grew up in Canada. Though I love to talk I am starting to listen as well. Finding out about other people and their history whether about they or their family is quite festinating I believe. Not only we learn but we can become better people too. Listen to the trees to however if they talk back you may have something else going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment