Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Being A Friend


In this life I see more people needing to have friends because of so much going on. I know someone who is in the hospital now because he took an overdose of prescription drugs. He has gone through a tough time because of a divorce.  I was not around them much but there should have been signs that something was happening that were not good. This is when someone needs to be a friend. The problem though not everyone wants to have a friend even though circumstances like this they need a friend more than ever.

In this case he left the area and drove to Louisiana. He thought about settling down there however he did not stay very long and return to Washington State. This happened just recently that he returned and now in the hospital.

This is a serious deal because he is in a medical seduced coma, his liver is shot and they are not sure of his other organs. I am sure he was in a place that he felt that there was no other way to go. I can’t judge because I don’t know where he was at or why the prescription drugs. I can’t judge those close to him either because I don’t know how many reached out to him and what his reaction was to them. One thing I do know is that he was in a dark place going through depression. He was sharing this on the social media. He was asking for help and I am sure some tried to help him. He was found by a cousin of his that he was staying with. Like I say sometimes it is really hard to be a friend. No matter how much we try some people are too far gone and feel that there is no way out. I am not saying we should give up on them we need to fight for them harder. At the same time we can’t feel guilty because someone like this went to desperate measures.

Though the signs are not good please pray that a miracle does happen and he is able to recover.  I do know miracles will and can happen. I know that I don’t have a lot of experience in this area to help someone like this though I have gone through depression myself in the past but I have never considered ending my life.

Just like last week when I went to visit my cousin in Seattle at a local hospital for being very ill. I didn’t really know what to say I just was there for her. Being family or a friend sometimes that is all we can do. It does not necessarily mean you have to be in circumstances like this but I look to see others who could use our help. So even though you may not know what to do like I have said just be a friend. I am not sure whether I have helped here beyond all of us being aware of others. Thanks!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment