Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Speaking Up




Tuesday I was reading on the front page of our daily local newspaper where the Park District was planning to develop 32 acres of land to put on several soccer, baseball and football fields. They made an agreement with local soccer club to use the facility when completed.


I wrote a complaint and concern of using the land for such a facility. Although I am not a big soccer fan I did play baseball and football as a youngster but I did not think the land had to be used for that.  I found their website page to let them know that I did not think the land had to be used for such a facility. I have no problem using the land for small parks and trails as long as a lot of the trees were still standing after being completed.


The soccer club said that they were having problems for two levels of players to practice. They were using field at one of the local middle schools and both teams had to practice at the same. They wanted facility so both teams could practice on two separate fields. I can understand where they are coming from however there is a park already in the area that has baseball and soccer fields. I have seen the baseball fields being used but each time I have been to the park the soccer fields have not been used so why not have the practices on those fields. One of the fields isn’t very developed for soccer but I don’t think it would take much for them to fix the problem. I went on my Facebook page put a link to the article from the newspaper. I am not sure whether this will make any difference and the complex maybe still built but I had to voice my opinion and that there was already a place that can be used. I am sure there are other facilities that can be used to for soccer. There are several locations where baseball can be played and so goes for football.


Right now I see people voicing their opinions on the Presidential races but there are other issues that can be voiced about as well. I know some are being voiced about but more can happen. I know it is not everyone’s cup of tea or that they feel comfortable in speaking their minds however if you read a story about something happening in your community like I did and you have concern I would recommend letting others know or give approval to what someone like me has said. Even if you have a quiet voice each one still has the right to say what they feel. There are those out there on issues that are speaking loud and clear as a minority group however the majority need to be heard too.   



No comments:

Post a Comment