Monday, October 24, 2016

Spiritual Warfare


 


A while ago I wrote about miracles though I know that not everyone believes in them. This would include those that are Christians. I can say the same thing about spiritual warfare. I do admit that I am far from being an expert on the subject however let you know that we are spiritual beings besides flesh and blood. Since we are spiritual beings this means that we are in a spiritual battle. Even if you don’t believe spiritual warfare you are still involved in it though likely the battle is not so hard since you don’t believe.

You see Satan wants us to be distracted from our purpose and destiny. We are dangerous if we are living our purpose and destiny because we totally in the will of God so he makes ways to get us off the mark. If you don’t believe in this his job already is done so he doesn’t have to work at it. Being human beings we are certain things happen to all mankind like sickness. At some point we get a sickness or in the end we die.

Along with our purpose and destiny sickness is a big part of spiritual warfare. We are distracted usually when we are sick. This can apply to what we call mental illness. If you are a believer than some physical illness along with the mental illness is a major area for us to do battle against. The spiritual warfare does not mean that we fight on our own we have God and fellow believers. So if you are dealing with something right now that can be identified as spiritual I would find friends that believe in prayer. They can help you battle over whatever causing the problem. I would look for someone who is mature in their beliefs. Depending how severe the spiritual attack (a word I figure to use) than prayer could last for a while. In fact it could take the group a time of fasting too.

Last week I text messaged a couple in my church who right now are out of town on a trip. Actually they recently sold their home in Kent, Washington and plan to move to my hometown and where our church is located in Gig Harbor, Washington. Currently they are in Oregon however the plan is to go travel most of the United States. Their original plan is to be gone for three months. I am not sure whether they still on that plan or not. When I text them I let them know that I was thinking of them and wanted to know how things were going. I got a respond back from them both. He said that they had been praying for me and they missed me along with friends and the church. She texted me a little later telling me that they were having a good time and relaxing. Yesterday (Sunday afternoon) I got another text from him saying they had been praying for me all week. Though they did not give me any details on what they were praying it was really nice to know that they were doing so for me. The Sunday before I had prayer at church with a man on the church prayer team about having some issues with having neck and back pains; I usually don’t have the problem like most people would with neck and back. So he prayed that the pain would go away. Yesterday I saw him again before church and let him know that I believe it is a spiritual attack because the pain comes and goes. It doesn’t happen all the time other word. Although it is spiritual the problem could be how I am when sleeping. It is a good way to explain the problem away; however, I still believe it is spiritual because the pain does go away during the day and often transfers to another part of my body which I can understand sounds weird too.

So I want you to know that we are in a spiritual battle and again find people that you trust and who believe to be in this spiritual warfare along with you. This way you can be comforted and get your eye back on your purpose and destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment