Tuesday, November 29, 2016

It Hurts


Sometime in our lives we have been hurt by other people. Generally it starts as children however we often get hurt as adult’s as well. The close relationships like marriage where hurt happens often and deep sometimes. Marriages usually end because one of the parties hurts the other enough that one decides that is it. The hurt can either be physical (bad thing to happen) or emotional (can be even worse).

I have never been married so I haven’t had to deal in that area although I do know those who have either been physical or emotional abused. If you are in a situation like that right now I would recommend getting out of the relationship for a period of time at the very least. Find a friend that you can stay with or a group that can help you.

I remember as a child being hurt emotionally. It was mostly at school and not at home. Although the hurt as by some children it was more by the teachers. This happened through elementary and junior high school. High school things were much better. The teachers I felt that they did not understand me and were not sympathetic to my cause. At a young age I had a problem hearing. It was resolved when I was five years old however the situation caused me to want attention and I talked a lot to make up for the time I wasn’t able to talk. Instead of trying to see what they could do to solve the problem and find out what I needed they usually sent me for time out in either back of the room or the hallway. Of course it did not make me feel better or resolve the problem. I know that with so many other students they couldn’t give me the attention that I needed. I am sure others have gone through similar situations as well. Those who have deep wounds because of physical or emotional abuse feel as though they have lived through hell.

The true answer is forgiving those who have hurt you. I know it is not an easy thing to do. I know that I have felt a lot freer by forgiving those who have hurt me. Forgiveness does not mean that you forget the hurt you just not allow it to control your life. In some cases it is good go to the person and let them know that you have forgiven them. This is especially true for those who have changed their lives around and they are not the same person any longer. In many cases the answer is to forgive them in your heart. You don’t have to go to them to ask forgiveness. This especially true if they are no longer in your life and they live a long ways from you. Forgiveness is a powerful tool and it doesn’t matter how big or small the hurt was. Forgiveness is not to get them off the hook it is for you to have a better piece of mind. If you are someone that has a deep root of bitterness or anger than forgiveness will allow you to live a better and free life. Again forgiveness is for your benefit.

If you have forgiven others in your life a part of your purpose and destiny may be to help others to get over their hurts and forgive those who have hurt them. In the end no longer let the hurts play a part in your life. Release yourself from the hurts with forgiveness. Give yourself a break. God bless you mightily.

No comments:

Post a Comment