Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Stand Up For Ourselves


I realized a few days ago more than ever that sometimes we have to stand up and speak what is on our mind even though we know that there will be those who do not agree.

I won’t go much into detail except to say that is what I did over the weekend. I knew that some would not agree with my stand but I felt that the time came to do so. Some of my close friends did not agree with my stand however liked that I stood up for what I believed in. They had more respect for me than before because I had the courage to do so. The reason I felt that I had to say something was that there some people who spoke against me in social media. They don’t know me at all however they attacked me anyway. I had no problem in them disagreeing in what I said but to say unkind words against me personally as though I was going to be found guilty before Almighty God. They wanted me to change my mind by coming against my conscience. The truth is that we all have a free will given by God that no one else should and can’t come against. A person can tell us that they do not agree with what we say however try to change our minds throwing guilt or judgment is not right. I give you the right to say what you want even though I may not agree with it but I will not put guilt or judgment against you. Your free will to speak what you feel is between God and you. In fact Jesus spoke the words in Matthew 7 verse 2 “for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.’ (NIV). So we are free under God to speak what is in our minds. Even when we believe is truth to another we still must allow them to believe what they must under free will. Only God can bring revelation to a person.

So speak your mind and stand up for yourself when needed even if others come against you. Your closest friends will give you honor and respect knowing that you spoke your conviction and with courage. Those who may speak harsh words to you though they may have been close to you will bring their heart out and you will see whether they were actually your friend at all. May God’s grace before you in times of trouble; God bless you very much.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment