Monday, November 21, 2016

We Are All Odd in Someway


I have known for quite some time that we are all created and born unique. Even identical twins have some difference in themselves. They have a different personality than the other and enjoy different things as well.

Recently I realize to that we are all odd in some ways too. The way we act is different than other people. If you don’t like someone it is likely because they are different than you are. They may have a personality much different than you and don’t like the same things. This is really OK that they are not the same as you. Thinking of them as being odd may allow you to like them a lot better. In fact you may find out being odd is a plus in their favor.

I give you an example. There is this lady in my church that I think is really odd. In fact I would say she is real out there. I like her a lot better because of who she is. I can get along with her knowing that she is so odd. Of course, I would never tell her that I think she is odd or in another way peculiar. We do have the same basic belief system because we wouldn’t be going to the same church otherwise however the way she brings things across is a lot different than I would. Again this is really OK in my book now. Getting to know her better I can actually enjoy her company. There are a few more things I have to learn about her but I have the time to do so. I wonder at the same time if she thinks that I am a bit odd or weird too.  Until I know her better I am not going to ask her if she thinks that I am weird. I now feel though I can spend more time talking with her since it is OK that she is odd because I am too. A funny way to look at things but I believe our lives will be more rich if we are OK with people being odd. So the next time you see someone that you don’t like or feel uncomfortable about think of them as being odd. Who knows you may become great friends and the more of them we have the better. Oh yes it is OK that you are odd as well. We will all have a better look at life looking through glasses with an odd way.

No comments:

Post a Comment