Monday, December 5, 2016

Keep Our Focus


This year so many people have been consumed with their opinions like I have never seen before. So much that many who were friends last year are no longer friends.  It is OK to have your own opinions especially what you consider important matter however you should not lose friends in the process. The thing is our friends and families are important to us beyond our beliefs and opinions.

I want to keep my focus on what I think is important however not break ties with family and friends. I feel that love is the greatest gift we have been given so that means it overshadows everything including my opinions. In fact if I am critical of others and name calling than I do not love like I should. It is OK to share our thoughts and beliefs without putting others down. We have to realize that not everyone believes the same way that we do and we should not put them on the carpet publicly. Life is too short to end a relationship because we have a difference of opinion. Love should overcome everything else. I believe that love is not easy. Those who have the same thinking we do it is easy to love them and those that don’t it is harder however it is good to have the challenge. Even those that we get along with more than others we will have a difference of opinion at some point and we need to be able to handle it without losing the relationship.

I have to say that I am not an expert on love. In fact I am a long ways from it however does not change the fact I believe it is the most important thing on the face of the earth. I give up everything else for more love. Those I love it is like winning the lottery to me so the more I love the more I get in return though it is not my purpose to love. I have to say that love is a selfless act. When selfishness comes into the picture than love diminishes.

Besides love my focus is to work on my purpose and destiny. It is to encourage others to become the best they can be. Make weaknesses into strengths or at the least improvement. We must recognize both our strengths and weaknesses. Use our strengths to the fullest and get help as necessary for our weaknesses.

So my encouragement today if you have broken relationships over any opinions and beliefs go to the person to reconcile. It may be a hard thing to do but ask for forgiveness whether you were the instigator or not. Bring friendship and love back in. You will feel much better. Get the New Year on solid ground. God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment