Sunday, December 18, 2016

Seven Days Till Christmas


We are now heading down the stretch run until Christmas. I have to admit that I haven’t done much Christmas shopping so far. I know it is getting late indeed.

I remember once where my brother Jack and I went out to the Tacoma Mall on Christmas Eve to get a present. I don’t remember who it was for and we got them. I do know we had all the Christmas shopping done except for that last present. I don’t recall either if it was one that I needed to get or Jack’s or both.

The important thing though is the thought that counts even when doing at the last moment. I have checked on line in a couple places to find presents. These presents are ones that have to be shipped since my family is out of state. I know that they will understand if they receive their gifts after Christmas.

On Thursday I was talking to a nurse while getting my blood taken. I mentioned that I had not gotten any presents and time is running out. She said that her family doesn’t do presents instead they go and have fun on the money they would have given for presents. I thought that was a very good idea though giving small presents would be nice to.

The important of Christmas is to remember the reason we celebrate it. Most of all the birth of Jesus Christ Our Savior; the second would be to keep the traditions whatever they may stay alive or start a new tradition.  I know when a child gets married that changes the whole dilemma of Christmas. Where you spend Christmas at now and change it every year. I know to that some get together on Christmas Eve with one family while Christmas Day with the other depending on the distance where the families are. The importance though is being together whatever day it is.

So go ahead and enjoy these next seven days of Christmas. If you still have to shop like me make sure you don’t pressure yourself. Another thing is sure to have eggnog each day. Again Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas to you and your family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment