Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Living the Right Lifestyle


I have been thinking for any of us to live a life of purpose and destiny we have to consider our lifestyle. It doesn’t mean how rich or poor or how much money we have but how we live it.

Are we living a life of complications or we are so busy that we can’t focus on our purposes. So many people try to keep up with the Joneses. They want whatever their neighbors have and forget about everyone else.

When I was growing up we had a couple down at the end of the road that we lived on. Actually they lived on their property during the summer and some weekends. It was actually was quite common where I lived before I was born. In fact my dad lived that way when he was growing up. This couple was very wealthy however you would not know it the way they lived except having their homes and car. They gave a lot to the community in donations and their time. They recognized what their lives were about. I only saw them once in a while because they didn’t live in Gig Harbor on a regular basis. However when I did see them I felt them as being two of the most humble people I have ever met. I probably don’t even know half of what they did for the community and their friends. Often they did this without anyone even knowing. They knew their purpose and they lived accordingly. Neither of them are around anymore but I am sure their children are doing the same thing.

I know to those that are poor are not able to give like ought to or feel up to however I am sure there are those who have little monetarily give much in other ways to. The importance of this all our lifestyle should reflect what our purposes should be.  We don’t have to do things like other people we just have to be ourselves. This is the best we are. Others will benefit by our purposes because of how we live our lives out. Something for all of us to think harder about and help the world be a better place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment