Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Stretch or Not?




Last week when I was out walking I decided to stretch first at the beginning and then again in the middle of the walk. Sounded like a good idea at the time however I was stiff like a board by the time I ended my walk. I tried it twice during the week with the same results.

On Monday I decided to not stretch at all to see if things would stay the same or be different. I am not one that is an expert on stretching. I have heard how important it is to stretch before walking or running but in my youth through my thirties I didn’t do so because I felt fine without doing so. Hard to know whether it was a bad idea not to stretch because how I feel now.

I haven’t given up on stretching so I will try doing it before I walk but not a second time during the walk. It has been successful before doing both so I may go back to doing it twice later on.

I mentioned about being soar at the end of my walk last week to someone. They told me it was likely because it is so cold out. Now thinking more about it she was probably right. When the temperatures get higher I will try stretching twice again. I know it had been successful before and should again but not in cold weather. I don’t know if anyone else has had the same experience as I did last week but something to work on.

This shows me that it is important to learn something new every day especially when it comes to our bodies. One thing for sure we are not getting any younger that is for sure. Good health to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment