Sunday, January 15, 2017

Reading the Comics





I know that everyone has their favorite thing to do when they get up in the morning. You may first pray or meditate, go exercising and then eat breakfast.

One of my favorite things to do is read the comics with breakfast. I usually start off seeing the front page looking at the headlines however I usually move on from there. Most of the time I don’t read the story at all; I figure the headlines is good enough. Once in a while I do read the story behind the headlines but not often. I than go to the comic section. I believe it is the best part of the paper. It lets my day get off on solid ground. I don’t read all the comics I just have my favorites like Peanuts, Garfield and Dennis the Menace to name three. I actually read more than them but they are the three regulars and best. It depends to have much time I have in the morning as well.

After I read the comics I go to the sports section. It can be good if my favorite team has won or not so good if they have lost. Usually I scan the sports section like I do the front page however I read a few stories there unlike the other. I know enough of the sport teams that I don’t need to read someone else’s opinion or analysis of the game is. I may see who was injured or the team may have picked up during the previous day. Also I look at the standings.

Although I am a big sports fan there still is nothing compared to the comic section. When I was a kid I tried to get the paper as fast as I could because if dad got it I would have to wait for some time. He really loved the comics and the sports section was next to it. He often gave me most of the sports section though the last couple pages were tagged to the comics. Usually he was still reading and laughing at the comics when I finished the sports section so than I had to wait. At that point I would scan the rest of the paper to see if anything else was interesting to read which in my mind wasn’t very often. Remember I was just a kid. So I had to do other things to keep myself occupied until dad was done with the comics. I didn’t have to compete with my brothers because they usually were still in bed. Though they liked the comics it wasn’t like dad and I. Oh those were the good old days too. By the way I already have read the comics and the sports section so now I can move on and have a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment