Saturday, January 14, 2017

Speak Loud and Clear


                                               Just kidding!



When it comes to communication it is important to be loud and clear. Actually I am using loud as an emphasis; more important to be clear.

Another thing that is important when you are talking to another is being a good listener. For someone who has been a talker most of my life I have learned how we should listen to. I believe most arguments happen because one or the other or both are not listening well at the time. My recommendation if you get into an argument is to stop for a minute or two to figure out what the argument is really about and whether you or they have listen before speaking. I am not saying that I am good at this. In fact I have to say that I have never done this before however I get in few arguments as well. The arguments I have been in the other person did not understand what I was saying in most cases. I am sure there have been arguments where I did not listen well or at all too. This would help not end up saying something that you will regret. You don’t want to lose a relationship over an argument and a misunderstanding. Also I am sure most relationships lost are over good intentions most of the time on one side anyway.

I find when it comes to writing to do so in the simplest way for others to read. I have read others where I stop reading because not only because their writing was long but using words that I would never use if I were speaking to another. I know that some people like talking or writing in a fashion that will impress the other however I don’t do so because I want to get a message across more important than being impressive. Of course this may depend on the subject you are writing about as well. Also this goes for the audience as well. For example if you are talking or writing about science the words being used will be different than what is in normal conversation.

For those of us that use conversation in our purpose and destiny we may feel that we want to influence others to change their lives. Actually I try not doing so in everyday life. I figure living my life the way I do will speak higher volumes than what I am saying so most of the time I don’t even think that way. The way I live will change others’ lives. Being an example is the best way to go. I often watch other people when I am out in public. So if I do any changing it has to do with observing others and what they have to say. Again that has to do with being a good listener. I hope that you have learned something here and that your communication skills become better. For all of us it takes time. God bless and have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment