Sunday, February 19, 2017

Inspiration


Most Christians go to church on Sunday’s. The main purpose is to worship and praise God along with spending time with their brothers and sisters in the Lord. Depending on the church you attend will be how you do worship. Every church is a little different. Not one church has the right way to worship God. In fact you may worship different than the person standing next to you. The importance is that you do worship and not how.

The other important reason to be at church is to be an inspiration to others around us. This should be part of our purpose in life. This can happen in church well as when we are out in the world.

Although we think so when we go to church the reason we are there is not for our own benefit but for others along with spending time with God. We may be strengthen during the time we spend in worship however we should be helping others out as well. Being an inspiration for others may be speaking a word of encouragement or letting know we care and love them. Also at times it can be just the way we act. We don’t necessarily have to say words for others to be inspired.

I know that there are times where we need to be inspired by others too. This works the same way we inspire others by seeing what they are doing. In fact this is a two way street that should work every week. It just happens some week’s people need help more than another. Hopefully we have someone that we mentor on a regular basis at church along with us being mentored.

I know that many churches have what they call prayer teams. I certainly know that my church does so if I feel that I need to have prayer I go up front at the end of the service. I hope at this point this is additional assistance after spending time worshipping God.

On Sunday’s there are times when I wake up where I feel selfish. This is when I don’t feel being an inspiration to others; however, this is when I should be more than any other time. This morning I feel a little sick however I hope that I have something to give to someone else besides the sickness. Right now I am praying for myself to be healed from my sickness. I am not feeling really bad just a little bit but I hope to be stronger as the day goes by. In the end I hope this inspires you too. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment