Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Continue to Encourage


Here in the northwest we have had quite a cold and wet winter. At this point in March it continues to rain a lot after having a record February rainfall. I am not even sure right now when the rain will stop. I know many have gone elsewhere on vacation however when returning it still is raining. What does that mean? I am a native to the northwest so accustomed to seeing a lot of rain over the years however those who moved here from somewhere else may not be so lucky.

What I am saying it is real easy to become depressed during this time of the year. I have been depressed before but I am sure not so much because of the weather but regardless studies have shown that depression can happen when it is cloudy and raining for a period of time. Some retired people here do go down to Arizona or California for a period of time living three to six months.

I believe we all need encouragement on a regular basis however it is even truer this time of the year. If you are one knows that you deal with discouragement or depression go and get some help. I don’t think you necessarily have to from professions unless you have a medical condition otherwise those that you consider friends.

This is where this comes encouraging one another that we can make it. I believe it takes faith along with family and friends. Very easy to isolate ourselves from others but not a good thing either. Being around others that you can encourage along with them encouraging you too; I am not saying it is easy because for some it is not so easy.

I have lived in dark places in my mind many times and it is easy to think that no one cares or can help you. I have been fortunate that it is has been a few years since I last experience deep depression. I believe the reason is that I know that I have a purpose in life beyond myself. God put me on this earth to help others. The key is to know when and who to help others. I find the most important thing to do is keep a positive approach. Not always an easy thing to do though.   Being selfish and only thinking of yourself is what makes depression an easy thing to slide into. They are the reasons to get into depression. Asking for help from others and God is the answer.

The most important thing to remember is that others are going through the same thing though usually when you are in a dark place others are not really our concern. I hope this helps for those who are working through depression. God bless you and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment