Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Good Things Can Happen


 Regardless what is happening in our lives we can believe that good things can happen. We all go through struggles at times even under the best of circumstances.

I find that the best thing to do is find a group of men or women or couples you feel right if you’re married or engaged. Find those that you may feel comfortable with and have same purpose. I recommend that you speak with friends to see whether they belong to a group and that you can join in with. No room in that group they may know another group that you can join into.

Let you know that you don’t necessarily have to start speaking early when you join the group just listen for a while. They may ask you to tell them a little about yourself which I would give out whatever you feel comfortable about sharing. Tell them about your job and where you have lived; just a little history about yourself.

Recently I joined a new men’s group. Three other men I knew already and the other seven are new to me. I have shared a little about myself however I spend time listening learning more about the guys that I just met. What they share is serious to some degree however we get a lot of laughs as well. I am in the group to edify and encourage the other men along with being the same for me too.

The first meeting I attended was over breakfast on a Saturday morning a couple months ago. We plan to have another breakfast in two weeks again. Most of our meetings we have coffee and doughnuts before we start. I enjoy the guys that I am spending time with and getting to know them more each week.

I am in another men’s group that is about half that size and we meet every other Thursday night. Only one of the guys meets in the other group. This group we talk more about what is happening in our lives on a daily basis. Though the format is the same we talk about different things.

The coffee shop that I go to on a regular basis there is a group of older gentlemen who meet five days a week. They just chat around coffee. They have been meeting for about ten years. They started meeting when they originally saw each other at car shows. Usually I just say hello however if the group is small that day I will sit in and listen to them. There will be times that I ask them questions to.

My mother plays bridge on Monday and Friday’s in the afternoons along with Tuesday mornings into early afternoon twice a month. She belongs to a book group that meets once a month and another that share a meal together once a month. There are a few ladies that are in a couple of those groups she attends; another way to spend time with people who have same interest.

Whatever you decide to do the importance is to meet and fellowship with others. Being in more than one group is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment