Monday, March 27, 2017

Here I am Now


Many of us start out on a slow track before we realize that we have something to offer the world. This is the reason we have to press on to our goals.

As a little boy I didn’t start talking English until I was five years old because of having a hearing problem. It was one of several area of my life that took me a while to get where I wanted to be. I am sure if you knew me back when I was five that the chances of me writing a blog someday were near impossible. Of course there was no blog back in that day but you know what I mean.

My parents knew that I was discouraged and did not want to read however they knew how important it was for me to do so that they signed me up for a subscription to Sports Illustrated because t I was interested in sports. It would be something that I be interested in reading about. Of course they were right though I did not get to my reading level until I was in tenth grade after taking a spread reading course during summer school.

This showed not only that my parents were interested in me learning to read that I could excel if given the opportunity to do so.  I know to that there were other areas I had to work on to become the person I am today. There still areas that I would like to press on in. I know that this can really happen.

I encourage that we all press on to be the best we can be. Also to encourage others to do the same especially those who are behind because of circumstances. This includes young children no matter the difficulties including learning disabilities that they can actually overcome. We can name a lot of people who became successful after starting off slowly, It is important to know wherever you are at in your development that you can make it in the end. Other words the story is still being told and your book isn’t finished yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment