Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Family Pictures

 
My brother Dick, sister Barb, myself, brother Jack and our Dad (l-r)

 
Dad, Dick, Barb, myself and mother,



I believe there is nothing more important than family pictures. I know it is the next best thing to being there or memories for us all.

My mother has pictures shown around the apartment both in the living room and her bedroom. The pictures shown are those of my grandparents and great grandparents.  Also there are those of my aunts and uncles along with cousins, nephews and niece. In her bedroom there are pictures of my brothers, sisters, and myself when we were babies along with our high school graduations.

They make my life so happy to see all those pictures and to know those who came before me and those that are still here today. My great grandparents I didn’t know at all and my grandparents I knew only two of them as children. My father’s dad died when I was nine and my mother’s mom when I was thirteen while my father’s mother died when I was thirteen months old and my mother’s father when I was four.

It is always nice to look around mother’s bedroom to see all these people who made a difference in my life including those I didn’t know very well.

We don’t choose our families however they are the ones that help form our lives whether positive or negative. I know that not everyone is blessed by having a good family. It is nice to hear the stories behind all these people who I call family.

Social media now allows us to see and know how our friends and relatives are doing by their pictures and what they say. They will not only show pictures of present day but those from the past as well. I have seen pictures from when I was in elementary school. I really didn’t like elementary school that much however the other children in school that I call classmates make me smile and how much that I care for them even if they are not a part of my life anymore. I enjoy contact with those that I am friends with on FB and other social sites.

Those that are no longer here in this world I look forward to see them again in the future and remember them fondly. There is nothing greater than family and friends. We must enjoy those who are still here today because we are not assured of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment