Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter


I want to wish everyone a happy Easter even if you don’t believe in it or not your religion. Easter ends Holy Week for Christians around the world. Some people I know call Easter by another name “Resurrection Day”. The reason is that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead. He no longer was in the tomb. After seeing his disciples and others he went to heaven to be with his father God.  

I know a lot of people ask why God would kill his own son or that his Son is willing to be killed. The answer to it all is love. God loves us so much that he would so.

You see God’s requirement to be in heaven you must be holy and perfect. As you know none of us is either. When Adam and Eve sinned the world changed. Up to that point death was not in the equation however sin allowed death to occur. God wants us to be in relationship with him but sin got in the way so he had to find a way to punish sin at the same time keep holiness. His son Jesus Christ decided that he would die for our sin. He did the act to take our place. Now we are perfect and holy if we are willing to accept the act he did on the cross. You see God gave us free will. He did not want us to be slaves to him. He wants us to love him in return as well. This is as simple as it gets. Many people take on religion thinking that it will put them in good standing with God and the answer it will not. Although we try to be right or go the other way of disobedience the only answer is too accept his Son as his Savior. I know that I have tried to do the best things in life and those things do not work. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord, King and Savior. I may fall and I do often he has accepted me as I am too. I still try to do the best I can but that is not the reason to be accepted by God. Faith, hope and love are what God wants from us. Yes not always easy but that is his requirement. Turn to God and he will accept you just like you are. Much blessing to you on this Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment