Saturday, April 15, 2017

Stretching


Recently I wrote about health. It is much harder for us over fifty years of age to lose weight. We have to learn to change our diet totally over. With the diet we have to deal with exercising and our body not working like when we were younger.

The last month I started going to a physical therapist because my back started hurting. I found before that when my back was hurting it would only last for a short period of time however now it is hurting all the time. The reason for it is that my hip is out of whack so I have to do some exercises and stretches to get it back into order along with my back. With my hip not working right my back started hurting to compensate.

During the day now I stretch at least twice a day if not three times a day. I had started to stretch when I went walking but I needed to do some other stretches as well. Also I swing my arms when I go walking and that helps my back from hurting so much.

The stretches now I do are to help my hip and back to work properly. Also I do exercises to build up my back as well. Right now I go to the physical therapist twice a week however I am sure that will change in a few weeks.  For one thing my insurance will only cover for a number of visits. At the end of April I will be evaluated once again to see how things are going.

I do see that the exercises and stretching are helping out. I have to do some stretching with my neck as well since it had been hurting to along with my arms. Also I do some self-massaging on my neck and arms. Both are working much better along with my back. There are times where my back isn’t cooperating and it still hurts however still better than a month ago.

I knew that going to a physical therapist that I would have to start doing some stretching which I am fine with. Also I have to continue working on my diet to lose some weight. It would be nice to lose like a couple pounds a week however I am finding that difficult to do. When that starts happening I will be happier about it for sure. Losing the weight along with stretching and exercising will make life feel even more enjoyable that is for sure. I know to that doing all this will be something I have to the rest of my life. This is especially true if I want to feel fit later in life. I know that old age feeling good isn’t happening all the time but if I can feel as fit as possible so I can enjoy that time of my life. Also allow me to live longer as well. If you are over fifty I hope that you are doing the same things that I am. Also you are under fifty I recommend that you start already because it will make things a lot easier to do. So I toast you to great health and a life that you can do all the purposes that you are meant to do.  
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment