Friday, April 21, 2017

Speaking Strongly and Powerful


 On social media one of the local television stations in Seattle, Washington had a story about the May Day protests that will come up again this year. They had a question about how the police should protect people and business.

The May Day protests in Seattle is one of the largest in the country with the participates throwing rocks and other items. The crazy part they are primarily young people who come to Seattle from outside the area. A number will be arrested again this year. My view is that these young people need to be stopped before entering the city. It is one thing protesting in peace than being radical misfits who all they want to do is damage property.

I don’t mind peaceful protests and marches where they are located in rightful spots. Also if these people got the right permits as well; not only are they not peaceful they cause damage and the traffic becomes bad. I would never step my foot in Seattle on this day.

Another thing that is bad some members of the Seattle Council are radical themselves and they seem want to stir things up. This hasn’t just happened on May Day but other times as well. They stirred up dissention during and before President Trump’s confirmation. I don’t have a problem with them protesting during Trump’s confirmation however should have been done in a peaceful way. I am glad that I don’t live in Seattle itself or I would not vote for any member of the current council. I would have to say the same for Mayor Murray.

In this day and age speaking strong and powerful using social media is the right way to protest and get out your opinion. This is what I recommended when I put forth my comments on the television station story. We have the constitution right to speak our minds and to protest however in a peaceful way. Posting to my blog and others who can and will do the same with theirs makes us strong and powerful. Like I have said many times it is important to encourage and use the purpose and destiny God has given us;  also important to make a positive change to our society and the world. Last and not least is to think and use the right words before using our constitution rights. I believe in my convictions however at the same time not to offend people to make things worse. Good Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment