Sunday, May 7, 2017

Lifting Each Other Up





We all go through things almost on a daily basis. Life isn’t fair a good part of the time so it is important that we lift each other up.

It doesn’t what form it is whether it is in prayer or saying a kind word.  The effort along with caring is what the most important thing.

Yesterday talking on the phone with my brother Jack he mentioned that his daughter-in-law Helen lost her grandfather last Monday. She had a tough week because my nephew Ian her husband was out of town on business and no one close to comfort her. The death of her grandfather was expected but it still hurts no matter what.

Often people will say that they understand when someone loses a relative or a close friend. I believe no matter who you lose in this life saying the words I understand is not what to say. Everyone has their way of dealing with death and grief. I lost my older brother Dick and my father one year apart almost to the day. In fact when my dad died I was just over my grief for Dick. You see Dick was in his upper 30’s when he died so it hit our family hard however how I felt was different than Jack and my sister Barb not saying how my mother and father felt at the time.  Others have lost a brother and parents but doesn’t mean we feel the same way though circumstances are the same. The best thing we can do is comfort and love the person who is going through tragedy in their life. If I spoke any words to someone would be that I am with them and if they need anything let me know.

I believe this is good advice for anyone who needs help no matter what the circumstances they are going through. We can pray and comfort them. If you are going through something right now let you know that my thoughts are with you and that God loves you. He is the comforter that you need. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment