Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Travel Be An Adventure


                                             The Hoh River


 I have mentioned before that I will write about different places to see in the Pacific Northwest besides about life and purpose. Travel is a great thing to do and be a part of our purpose. I have seen people here from other parts of the United States as well as the world. I have met people from Russia, Japan, China and nearby Canada during the summer months. Seeing other parts of the world is not only good idea for fun and relaxation it is a good way to have an adventure. We can learn about people from different cultures not only visiting where they come from but having them come here as well.

It is important to put our stamp of purpose on those we meet every day that live where we do but it is as important to meet people from other places as well. The more the merry I would say.

There are many places to see in the Pacific Northwest. Of course Seattle and Portland are both well-known however there is so much more to see in Washington and Oregon. Of course if you have the time you can visit British Columbia up in Canada as well. In fact I plan to spend several days up in British Columbia this summer myself.

A place I want to mention now is the Hoh River Rain Forest. It is located in the Olympic Mountains and is twenty miles southeast of Forks, Washington. The town of Forks is now known because of the movie series of “Twilight”.  It has been known for its logging though the industry of logging has had its downfall in recent years. I spent six months when I was twenty years old living in Forks. I actually worked as a DJ at the local radio station. It was a really good experience for me. It did rain a lot while I was there. The Hoh River being a rain forest means it does get a lot of rain. Seattle gets around thirty-six inches of rain yearly while the Hoh River gets around two hundred inches a year. So you can see that most likely when you visit it will be raining. As a youth I did some hiking in the area in August. It did rain some however not like other months. So if you come visit I recommend August to see the Hoh River and the other areas in the Olympic Mountains. There are many trials that you can hike in the area whether for the day or a week. From Seattle it is around a three hour drive. Also you can drive from Portland along highway 101 to reach the Hoh River. On the way you can enjoy the beaches of the Pacific Ocean. You will find that it will be worth your visit to see this region. Whether you come this year or in the future put it in your plans; remember life is an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment