Friday, May 5, 2017

Weather Show


                                                Way to go Seattle Washington



I have mentioned a few times the wet weather we had during the rainy season of October through April. We had record rainfall this year.

On Wednesday May 3 the temperatures raised into the seventies here in Western Washington; a bit unusual but has happened before. On Thursday morning I went out for my daily walk this time taking off my jacket for the first in a while. It felt so good to be able to do something different and at the same time thinking about all the wonderful places someone could walk in the area. Every town, city and waterfront in the area have great places to walk and enjoy the sights along with the exercise.

Late Thursday around 5pm things turned once again. I am sure there were those who were out working in their garden, walking, running or driving when a rain storm happened along with thunder and lightning that I have never seen before and  depending where you were at it lasted ten to thirty minutes giving off a good show.

I was relaxing at home eating dinner when this natural firework went off. I had a meeting go to an hour which I was glad the storm was over by then. We ended up having only three of us showing for the meeting. I know it had to do with the storm. I am sure there were those who didn’t want to leave their homes or were stuck in traffic. So the meeting was short and will be rescheduled.

Anyway I had never seen a storm like this before though it was brief. Not only there was rain, wind, thunder and lightning the water was rolling down the street in a manner that I had never seen before all the years that I have lived here. Of course it has been an odd year for the weather so what else should I expect anyway. I am sure to that I won’t see something like that again. Famous last words right!

Friday along with the rest of the month of May they are forecasting more thunderstorms. Unusual for sure since we don’t get a lot of storms like this where other places do.  May averages about an inch of rain a year. We have had that already this year. The rainy season is over but I expect more than usual this year. It will be interesting to see how the weather goes this year. July and August are the hottest months of the year with little rain however this could be something different this time. Want to visit us here in the great Northwest the time of the year is coming up to see. So many different things you can do along with great sights. I know that I will be looking forward to it like every year. No rain would be nice since we already have had more than enough. If you need some we would be more than glad to pass it your way. Have a wonderful weekend where you are at.


No comments:

Post a Comment