Friday, June 16, 2017

Choose Love


Whether at peace or war love is the greatest weapon we have. There are issues that we battle over that often there is no winner. For instance politics is one of them. I am amazed how some people are still so upset over the Presidential election in the United States. They throw insults often as they can. I am sure this happened under other Presidents but not at the same rate. I try to stay out of it as much as possible. The emotions run so deep on both sides. I happened not to vote for either major candidate and I got some heat for it. Like I have heard the saying if you can’t handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

There are many other issues that are under what is called politically correct however I have decided to stay out of them as well. Showing love to people whether they agree with me or not I find to be the best way to go. I will give my opinion on an issue if I am asked but I am not going to go out of my way to do so since often those on the other side of the issue from me will say that I am judgmental. I feel even those on the other side are judgmental as well.

I believe that love is emotional though it is a choice just like being happy, sad or putting a smile on your face. You can consider them emotional as well. Also I believe that not everything that people put love on is actually love at all. So often the word love is used when they are being lustful. I believe often young people when they get married they are in a lustful relationship not in love. If you ask them whether they are truly love the other person or in lust they have to say lust. I am not saying that is all bad because a relationship can turn from lust to love however you must be truthful with yourself. I believe many marriages fail because of the difference of love and lust. It is important to recognize the difference. By the way I am no expert I am just giving my opinion.

So when you are in a situation where emotions will run heated my suggestion is to turn the other way especially if this is with someone you care a lot about. Often you can’t take back what you have said. If you have I recommend that you ask for forgiveness whether you believe you are right or wrong. This will show love at the highest level. Important to stay in a strong relationship than have one that fails. Like I said before some issues there is never going to be a winner and even if you are the winner at what cost. Peace and love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment