Thursday, June 1, 2017

Taking a Compliment


I am not sure about you but I find it difficult to take a compliment. The reason is that I haven’t had a lot of compliments throughout my life. Actually more as an adult than as a child so when I am given a compliment not sure whether they are talking about me anyway.

Giving out a compliment I guess would be a lot like affirming someone and encouraging them. Let you know it is OK if the person you compliment doesn’t say thank you. They may not be sure what to say. I certainly know I am in that category. If you are someone that is given a compliment say thank you no matter how you feel about it.

I consider a compliment like a hug. What I mean is that not everyone will react in the same way. In my family hugs are not done very often so when a hug happens it can feel a bit awkward. There are those who are into hugging a lot so if you are someone that is not accustomed in getting a hug and another person wants to give you a hug go along with it. This would be the same for a compliment.

I don’t know about you however I feel good about writing or talking about compliments. The more we hear or give compliments the more we will feel comfortable about it.

All I know is that I want to get out of relationships as I can. Encourage, affirm, hugging and compliments is a great way to get things going. We will feel more love in our lives. We will think more highly of ourselves as well. I am not saying we will think more of ourselves than we ought to but we will be think of ourselves like we ought too. I know a lot of twisted words here.

Do yourself a favor and compliment yourself as well. We are wonderful people no matter what we have heard. Oh yes look in the mirror and smile at yourself too. Life isn’t perfect but we can make it as perfect as we can. God bless you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment