Monday, July 3, 2017

Freedom





Here in the United States of America we will be celebrating the 241st anniversary of our independence on July 4.

We are one of the greatest countries in the world. We have been blessed by God though we don’t deserve it. Our acknowledgment of God though not as much as it used to be has given our country grace.

We base our government and constitution on our freedoms however there is a cost. We have had to build a large military base so that all citizens can maintain their freedoms. Many thousands of people over the years have lost their lives because of freedom.

Freedom means that every citizen has rights to do what they want up to a point. Laws are put into place so citizens don’t run wild and tramp on others freedom. Also there are those who want to take some freedoms away like being able to practice your own religion. Of course the question can be what is considered a religion. I won’t go any further with that though.

In our constitution we have the freedom of speech. This is a good thing however there can be consequences though and limitations. For example you can’t threaten the President of the United States and other elected officials. Also you could lose your job over what you say as well. I could lose or not get a job for what I write on this blog. It is the reason why I am careful in what I say. I don’t want to offend others who don’t believe the same as I do. That is another area of freedom to be able to believe what we want however we have to allow others to do so as well.

Freedom is great to have and I am blessed to be born and living in the United States however I can’t ever take for granted these freedoms. Remembering that there are others who want to take these freedoms away and I pray for those of you that live in countries where you don’t have the same freedoms. God bless you for your life. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment